Discover the wisdom of the streets
We are running Street Wisdom at Leeds Wellbeing Week, March 24, 2018 – FREE (booking essential)
|“[People] must necessarily be the active agents of their own well-being and well-doing… they themselves must in the very nature of things be their own best helpers.”
– Samuel Smiles, author of Self Help , 1859
What is the purpose of being if not to discover truths and insights that are obscured by day-to-day concerns? Street Wisdom gives participants the skills to see the urban environment in a new way, ask a question and use the answers they discover to move forwards in life with a greater sense of wellbeing.
|“The concept of creativeness and the concept of the healthy, self-actualizing, fully human person seem to be coming closer and closer together and may perhaps turn out to be the same thing”
– Abraham Maslow, Psychologist
What is the purpose of being if not to be happy and inspired in our own lives? Street Wisdom is a global, not-for-profit social enterprise with a mission to bring inspiration to every street on earth.
|“Recognising that you are not where you want to be is a starting point to begin changing your life”
– Deborah Day, Author of Be Happy Now, 2010
Led by Jeremy Lewis, an experienced coach and professional Street Wizard, Street Wisdom will enable you to find inspiration by wandering through the City’s streets. Why wait for escape to exotic destinations when inspiration can be found on your own doorstep? Street Wisdom shows you how.
How it works
It’s very simple – that’s because Street Wisdom have been refining the process for years.
Tune Up. Quest. Share.
- First, your Street Guide helps you and your group tune up your senses so you can pick up much more information from the urban environment that you would normally.
- Then you’re off on a journey by yourself – your street quest – where you ask a question and see what answers present themselves.
- Finally, you gather together again to share what happened and, more often than not, wonder at how magical an ordinary street can become when you’re really aware of those hidden messages, chance meetings and unexpected discoveries.
The whole event lasts three hours. Meet on the steps of Leeds Art Gallery, The Headrow, at 13:00.